Setting up your Sent folder in Outlook 2003
Note: Outlook 2003 is no longer supported by Microsoft
Since Outlook 2003 and previous do not have support for assigning a Sent Items folder at the mail account level, we must emulate it via a message rule
1. First make sure there is a Sent Items folder in your IMAP mailbox.
- If you have not subscribed to the Sent Items folder yet, choose Tools > IMAP folders
2. If no Sent Items folder exists yet, choose File > New > Folder
3. Open the rules dialog via Tools > Rules and Alerts
4. If you see a dropdown list at the top, make sure it is set to the Inbox of the IMAP account.
- Click the New button to start with a new rule.
5. Select the option to Start from a blank rule
- Select Check messages after sending. Click Next.
6. Select the option through the specified account
- Click on “specified” at the bottom of your screen and select your IMAP account. Click Next.
7. Select the option move a copy to the specified folder
- Click on “specified” at the bottom of your screen and select your Sent Items folder in IMAP account.