Watch this video on SaneLater in the iOS Mail app:
Or try these written steps for the native iOS email app:
- Click on the button in the top left corner that says "Mailboxes" or "Accounts"
- If it says "Mailboxes", you'll go directly to the list of your folders. Scroll until you see "SaneLater"
- If it says "Accounts", you'll need to then click on the Account that SaneBox is filtering. Scroll until you see "SaneLater".
If this doesn't work:
Exit from the Mail application and restart your iOS device
- Double click on the home button on your device
- Swipe-up on the Mail app to exit/quit
(iOS 6: hold down on the mail app until red minus sign appears, click the minus sign on the Mail icon to quit that app).
- Hold the power button to shut down and Restart
If that doesn't work, try this:
- For IMAP, mail is held on the server. So you could delete your email account from your phone setup and recreate it to force the app to sync with your mail server.
For those using the Gmail iOS client application, try this:
- Click on Rectangle in top left corner
- Scroll down to "Labels" section, @SaneLater will be there
If you still don't see @SaneLater or your other folders, you're probably using POP settings in your email software. You need to switch to IMAP settings in order to use SaneBox. Luckily, here are instructions on how to do that: http://pop2imap.com
Please note: those with Exchange server hosted email accounts can locate related support articles via a Help Center Search.