What is it?
The SaneBox Digest is a list of unimportant emails in your SaneLater and other Sane folders that have yet to be read.
Why should I use it?
- It can help you spot mail from senders that you'd like to train to your Inbox
- It can also help you to quickly delete or archive items too.
- We send a digest to you at the times you've selected from the settings section of your dashboard.
- It summarizes unimportant email that has remained unread since you received the previous digest.
- If there's no new activity to digest because you've already opened the emails that have been sorted since the last digest mailing, then a digest will not be sent to you.
- If you go away for the week and don't check your email, we will aggregate any digests you have not looked at.
- Remember: you don't have to wait for a digest and can always go to your Sane folders in your email software or app.
What does the Digest look like?
- Emailed Version
- Web version
Mark All As Read
This lets you choose to remove the bold appearance in your email software for all the items in the current digest.
New unread mail stands out because the subject line shows in bold text. If nothing is worthy of distracting you, marking as read lets mail stand in place and just blend in.
Delete All in Digest
If all the items shown in the digest clearly have no value, won't ever deserve your further attention and have no chance of ever being needed for reference, click this choice to move them all to the trash location in your email account. Note that with this choice, these deleted items will also be marked as read.
Depending on your email account provider, there may be a limit to how long you'll have to change your mind and rescue trashed items.
Archive All in Digest
If all mail shown in the digest clearly won't be worth reading or isn't actionable (but should be kept for reference) this choice sends all items to your email account's archive.
- Note that with this choice, these archived items will also be marked as read.
- For Gmail this puts items into your "All Mail" location, while with other hosts it moves mail to your SaneArchive folder or your default Archive folder if you already have one.
The "Inbox Once" button will move that email item to your Inbox just one time.
Future emails from this contact will still be delivered into your SaneLater folder or whatever Sane folder they have been trained to or are being moved to via your predictive processing setting.
This teaches SaneBox to move mail for the particular contact or sender to your Inbox. Using this button creates a training for SaneBox to always deliver emails to your Inbox for that contact or sender.
- If you change your mind you can re-train by moving the email back to a Sane folder with a drag & drop or a mark & move or a right-click.
- Or visit your SaneBox Training page, use the search tool, and click the trash can icon for that line-item to eliminate any training.
This drop-down menu gives you the power to designate a specific Sane Training.
You can quickly make a change, if our predictive processing hasn't placed the sender in the Sane folder that matches your desires or if a training adjustment is needed.
The trash icon gives you the option to just send the digested item to the trash right away.
Use if there's no need to see and read it from in your email software (client) view.
Can I view recent trainings in my Digest?
This section provides a recap of new training moves or changes to trainings. It also provides the option to make a re-adjustment on the spot.
So make SaneBox Digest review a part of your routine. It will help keep you in the driver's seat and it's an important ingredient in our recipe for helping you stay on track.